Re: Blessed be the Memory of Christine Buelteman - a victim of ARD

Thu Jan 6 06:07:09 2000

Helen. I am so sad. A part of me went to heaven yesterday! It hurts so bad! I will give your message to her family! They said she was so excited since joining the group. So full of hope and happiness. Excited for her future...talking about it all the time! This is so tragic, so useless, so frustrating!

Chris told me several times that once she had that disability behind her, her next step will be to send her operative reports and information on ARD to all those DR's who " slapped ' her in the face for so amny years! So will vindicate herself at last! Well, she will be vindicated as I intend to finish that for her! And we both know that the end result of her treatment by them is a lot different then if Chris would have done it...the difference of life and death!

Thank-you for your kind words and I would like to add her to the quilt as that to will keep her memory alive!

And thank you for the info in GERD! Never thought so many suffered it and now i am glad that I was miffed and spoke out as many of us need that info your providing on it! Your an angel.. it is a very hard day helen! pray for her family! Chris is home now. Love Bev

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Helen Dynda To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2000 1:49 AM Subject: Blessed be the Memory of Christine Buelteman - a victim of ARD

Bev, I just finished reading your touching account of Christine's fruitless attempts to get help for herself and her family through Social Security Disability.

I am really saddened by all of the detours that were placed in Christine's way as she reached out for medical care - detours which prevented her from getting the proper medical and surgical care at a time when she would've been in better physical condition for surgery.

The memory of Christine will always be with us!! The sadness of her untimely death from adhesions could be the impetus which could spur others, who also suffer from adhesions, to write their stories - with the hope that eventually a television program, such as Dateline, would agree to air a special program about adhesions. Perhaps, if International Adhesion Society members would truely unite, Christine's death could make more of an impact on the medical community than we realize!!

I have updated my story; and I hope that many of you, who read the messages at the Adhesions Forum, will feel motivated to do the same.

My deepest sympathy to her family!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: