Re: Massage...has been helpful for her

Sun Jan 30 20:52:28 2000

Hi all, I haven't been around in awhile, dealing with my health issues and trying to work, plus the stress of my brother relocating up here without planning ahead 1st, has kept me away :( Anyway I just wanted to add my 2 cents to the massage topic--I started massage therapy a few weeks ago and it made a big difference in my pain levels, and when I miss a week I can tell a huge difference. I went to physical therapy for months and didn't get as much relief as I have with the massage. I am even thinking of doing this 2x a week since I think it would help more if I could get it done more often. She doesn't actually massage my adhesions though, she does my back and neck, and my sides. My doctors now think I have fibromyalgia since they can't explain my pain away with tests and xrays and such. I won't have more surgery until it's either an emergency (bowels) or there's a good prevention available. I live on ultram every day for pain, relafen for inflammation, ambian & trazadone for sleep and massage once a week. It might not cure me but at least it makes daily life, livable. Gina

At Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Helen Dynda wrote: >
>I received the following information about massage from an ARD sister:
>
>" Massage is the only thing I have found to help me. I have a massage every
>week. Scar tissue is fiberous tissue which can be stretched. If it is kept
>stretched, it in turn does not strangulate the intestines and does not cause
>near the pain or problems associated with adhesions. This is my opinion
>this
>is what I have found to work for me. The Drs. I have incountered do not
>know
>nor care to know any thing about scar tissue and the problems it causes and
>I