Re: Pain,Surgery,Intergel

Mon Feb 14 16:30:33 2000

At Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Robyne Hinks wrote: >
>Dear Joanne Thanks for your message. This probably sounds dumb but what is methadone.? Isit a deriviative of something?When I go to my Pain Dr again I will ask him about the drugs but I would like to make out that I know what I am talking about.I had to sit in the public toilet for about half an hour today because I nearly passed out with the pain.Tom(my husband) said thats the last time I go out by myself.This made me very upset even though I know that it is for my good.You just feel terrible to be dependent on everyone for everything.He works so hard it makes me feel bad,that I am not pulling my weight.I have a wonderful sister-in-law that wants to pay for me to go to Germany for this intergel treatment as she says she cant stand to see me in so much pain.I have another friend that wants to run stalls at the sunday markets to raise money for me to go.I have to find prices and names to contact so if anyone can help with this information it will be great.Thanks Robyne.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: cbutman <cbutman@email.msn.com>
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net>
> Date: Sunday, 13 February 2000 1:37
> Subject: Re: Pain,Surgery,Intergel
>
> Dear Robyn, I am answering this as you asked about pain meds. I have been on Methadone for 2 years. I take it every four hours ( 20 mgs.). Along with it I take 600 mgs of Neurontin. This drug has been a miracle for me. It is used for epilepsy to slow the shaking. I have had some nerve involvement in my surgeries, however, Neurontin is used widely for pain. It is not a narcotic and there are very few side effects. In total, I take 22 pills a day counting my Prozac, horomones and Trazadone. I live a fairly normal life this way, taking classes and taking care of my family. Most people don't know that I am sick. However, I have decided to take one more try at surgery. I am flying to Germany next month to have my surgery done by a doctor who has had much success with the Intergel. I refuse to live like this!! I'll keep you posted. Good luck to you. Joanne ... CButman @msn.com

>> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Robyne Hinks
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
> Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2000 7:10 PM
> Subject: Pain,Surgery,Intergel
>
> Hi everyone.Ihave just arrived home from another stint in hospital with a small bowel obstruction and severe bowel spasms.Every time I obstuct I seem to suffer these horrendous spasms.I begged them two nights ago to please let me die.I just could not stand it anymore.Even the pethidine was not working so they put an epidural marcaine infusion in and it was great,no pain but I couldnot walk either.My pain management Dr. said I can have this infusion any time it gets bad so I said "you had better make this bed my permanet home because I dont want to give this infusion up".My normal pain meds are 30mg of mis cont morning and night as well as 75mg of endep at night.This is still not getting me pain free or stopping the soreness of my swollen abdomen.I also find that the morphine is causing my hair to fall out.Has anyone else exprienced this.I told the doc but he wasnt at all interested.I woud like to find someone else but pain management places here in Australia are few and far be
>tween.Can anyone give me some suggestions on pain med.My urologist who is really great and my rock is trying to find someone too.He never gets upset even if I ring him in the middle of the night in bad pain,he just says for me to go up to the hospital and he will get me some relief.He has also warned me to have no more surgery unless it is life and death.However he is very interested to find out about this intergel and what its success has been.I would like to know from anyone who has had the treatment or who is thinking of it.Im at the stage where I would willingly try it.Thanks for listening to my gripes,Robyne.

Jaynie here. Don't worry about pulling your own weight. We are all going to learn something from this experience and so is your family. Something like patience, giving, and acceptance. I am at acceptance right now. At first my attitude was, you broke me now fix me!!!! Now I know and am finally able and willing to help myself. I do not believe that I am in as much pain as a lot of women on this site. I was when I first arrived in the fall. I think I have accepted that I may have pain for the rest of my life and I need to take control of it and the P.T. has done wonders. We just got a brand new Harley so no more breaking down. I have got to be better by Aug. to go to STURGIS a huge MC rally. I am determined. Have not been able to ride for 2 years and already had to sell my bike. I have new dreams and hopes now. A month ago I had non. Thanks JJ So remember , your family is learning there own lessons and you are learning yours. It helped me anyway.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: