quality of life

Fri Mar 3 17:14:04 2000

I am like alot of you later, trying to understand the different kinds of pain we are suffering from. And on top of all of that I have every dr I go to tell me something different. My gyn is the one who listens, my pcp pats me on the back before I leave, and says "Hope you feel better", the GI drs ay that trazadone and oxycontin are very costipating, I should not take it. And the pain drs tell me I would be ALOT worse if I stop it.

My stomach is ALWAYS upset, but I do not vomit, I get a terrible pressure when I wait to many days to have BM, and I burp to the point where the pain is all over the chest too. I am SO tired of all these feelings, and my weight keeps going down, it is to the point where I hide from my father, my moyher was only 80lbs, when she got sick.

And on top of all this, the girls all knew 2 years ago, on the obgyn forum My mother was diagnosed with the flu, 10 days she laid in bed, she NEVER actully vomited, bit she had diarreha. when she woke up the tenth day she was doubled over in oain, and she went to her pcp dr, and he pushed on her belly, and said he heard the flu itn her stomach, well excuse me, my father called me that SAME night and said he could not BM, and that she was moaning in the bathroom, and he went to get her a enema. When he got home she had passed out in the locked bathroom dr. She was ou tfor sometime,as long as he took to get her the enema. HE called 911, and the revived her, but when I got to the hospital, she looked like she had a stroke. She looked 90 years old in 45 minutes, it was a nightmare.

They took her an operated on her, 4 hour, he came out and told us she had bleeding ulcers, and he took care of that but something seius had happened, and he wanted to know if we wanted him to go back in. Her bowel had died, and gangrene had set in. We said to try to save her. They operated on her 6 hours on Sat. night midnight, till 6 AM< closed her till noon on Sunday morning, and went back in, by then she was on the ventilator, they almost lost her 6 hours AGAIN! They kept removing parts of the bowel, The last surgery was Monday morning at 10 AM, they were in and out for SEVEN hours, my father and I thought he could save her. They finally were done with all surgery, and said her chances were 50/50! If she lived she wqould be on feeding tubes.

Well 8 hours later she had died, that is such a BAD subject when your mother died like this. 21 hours of surgery in barely 3 days, and her heart kept up. I miss her so bad, God I am so sorry I made this so long. This is why I am so fearful of all this! I am suffering! Toni

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: