quality of life.....toni

Sat Mar 4 14:38:17 2000

Hello -

Actually, no, I'm not having another surgery, I'm about 3 weeks post-op right now. My surgeon didn't remove my omentum, he made sure it was in the correct location. He said we should all be thankful God created us with that fatty layer as it performs a variety of wonderful functions. Why did your doctor remove it?? My surgeon said that most people who have had a lot of abdominal surgeries usually have a weak omentum, but mine was still in good shape. He said he made an apron with it, completely covering the outer abdominal wall.

I know that my pain may come back, but I'm trying to remain optimistic. Everytime I see a TV show or anything describing an operation, all I can think is, "Oh, that poor person will now have adhesions!" ha. But my surgeon also said that the human body is amazing in it's ability to heal itself and continue on. Although we have troubles with our scar tissue, if we didn't have it, we'd be in worse trouble.

Toni - I have read many of your posts and feel for your discomfort. I'll say a prayer for you tonight as you (and the rest of us) search for answers. Take care - Dana

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: