Re: Need advice

Fri Mar 10 00:41:00 2000

Carey: Ducolax is VERY harsh on your bowels. I've found that Senokot-S (w/stool softener) workds the best for me. Also eating at least 1 bowl of salad for ruffage a day seems to help. My dr also has me on 2 heaping tablespoons of Metamucil a day. When I have toi take my pain meds more than usual, I will always take 2 Senokot-@ about a 1/2 hour or so later cuz alot of pain meds (especially opiates) are constipating (Oh wonderful, right?). Also, the reason the fiber pills might not have worked is that they're not always digested enough TO work. I've actually had BMs w/half dissolved pills in them. And my GI dr told this could happen. The Metamucil cookies, for some reason, don't seem to work as well as the powered form. Not to mention the fact that they stick to your teeth like joint compound! If oatmeal works for you, stick w/it! Always better off w/a food that works and save the laxatives for the really bad days. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't. Took me 2 days (or was it 3?) of Senokot-S to have a BM this week. Almost died on the throne, but I made it. Hurt like hades, tho.

Good Luck to you, Carey, & Blessed Be. Karla B.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: