Re: laura

Fri Mar 17 09:42:10 2000

RE: lauraI will attest that Laura meant no disrespect to anyone. She realized that she gave out personal information and needed to retract it, that was all. Our dear Laura is a very integral part of this society, warm, caring, reactive to your needs ( such as in this case ) and only wanting offer comfort, support and concern for your needs. That is our Laura.

There is no need for reaction to anything she said, the size of the letters, or anything else about her e-mail. Hasn't anyone ever panicked a little bit when you were using your PC and realized you just put your personal business out over the whole world?? I have, and was I worried, you bet! I gave my phone number to a man that had a posting on the net! And once I responded to his e-mail address...giving my phone number, I realized that I had no idea who I just gave that personal information to...and then I realized just how many other people might just get it, then my imagination ran wild!! What if they use it to track our credit cards..or make long distance calls on it and charge it to us!! Or what if he is a nut and harasses us by phone..or even worse,,tracks our address...oh my God! See how I panicked..and you want to know what was even worse...telling my husband that I had just shared OUR personal phone number on the net! Now, keep in mind, my dear friends, I am no PC wiz, so my fear were real! As is Lauras...and if all who took offense to her retraction know that upper cases is offensive (* shouting I imagine you mean ) and that whatever else offended you had no basis for her to say...please understand that she meant no ill will, I could have done the same thing with all my profound knowledge of this PC....

We have far more important issue to deal with when suffering with ARD and unfortunatly not real positive issues most of the time...so spend any time in looking for reasons to be uspset about trivial things...and some may take offense to that, but I am of the opinion that if it wasn't said with your name in front of it, why react to it..right!

Oh, that man I wrote to and gave my phone number to.....he DID call me....I was fortunate that he wasn't a nut, and that in the end that call had the most profound effect on my life, even to the point of saving it.....who was the man you ask...his name was: DR. David Wiseman!!!! Cool huh?

Love you Laura...you did ok, so relax now..ok?

In friendship Bev

> ----- Original Message -----
From: LNewman@milbank.com To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Friday, March 17, 2000 9:11 AM Subject: RE: laura

Dear mclainc: I did not mean and disrespect to you or anyone in the group; on the contrary, you can ask Helen or Bev or a multitude of people in the IAS that will tell you that I am not that type of person. Normally, I do not respond to personal attacks, however, since you seemed bent on telling me what I should or should not have done (and to the whole group no less), manners would have been you writing to me directly to discuss the problems with the e-mail title and its contents. I was looking for a specific individual's address and when I found it, that was the title of the "Subject" and I did not pay any attention to that box. For that, I apologize, but I reiterate, those who do know me, know that I am not the kind of person that would set out to hurt people, not at all. All of us in the group go through too much pain and suffering to take energy that we need for other things and seek out faults or problems so they can release the pent up anger they have about who knows what; that is when you need to back up and say to yourself, am I attacking this person or can I write to them directly and voice my concerns with the e-mail. Only you can answer that question. I hope to hear from you again.

Here is a parting thought for everyone, but, for you in particular:

Dear God: Please order my thoughts today. Place in my mind those things that are a priority to you. Take away the thoughts, habits, attitudes which create fear and anger and keep me from being in alignment with Your will. Take away every thought, want, unconscious and conscious urge that can place me on the treadmill of pain and confusion. Help me to see all things from a divine perspective today, a perspective of love, peace, and joy. And then, Lord, guide me to act accordingly, Thank You, God.

All, please have a safe and blessed weekend, Laura N.

-----Original Message----- From: mclainc@uswest.net [SMTP:mclainc@uswest.net] Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2000 11:49 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: Re: laura

I am going to add my 2 cents to this email, I understand where your husband is coming from but I think it was really not right to put your message with a title called Ifyou thinking about suicide read this first...you could have put it under something different, and also all caps is very rude and disrespectful..so please respect others..... >At Wed, 15 Mar 2000, LNewman@milbank.com wrote:
>------_=_NextPart_001_01BF8ED0.D31DCFE0
>Content-Type: text/plain
>
>JUST A NOTE TO ALL WHO READ MY E-MAIL DATED TODAY GIVING MY PHONE NUMBER:
>MY HUSBAND HAS ASKED THAT NO ONE CALL THAT NUMBER AND HE WILL BE HAVING IT
>CHANGED NEXT WEEK BECAUSE I GAVE IT OUT. IT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME THAT I
>WOULD NEED TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THAT BECAUSE OF THE NATURE OF
>OUR GROUP, BUT HE ASSURED ME THAT THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "SAFE" IN THIS
>WORLD ANYMORE. NOT TO MENTION THAT HE IS SUPER-ANGRY AT ME FOR GIVING IT
>OUT AND HAVING TO CHANGE IT. SO, DISREGARD THAT E-MAIL BECAUSE AS OF NEXT
>WEEK, WE WILL HAVE A NEW NUMBER.
>
>[Newman, Laura]
>
>This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
>information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee
>or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended
>recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
>distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
>If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify
>the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.
>
>------_=_NextPart_001_01BF8ED0.D31DCFE0
>Content-Type: text/html
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
>
><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">
>
>RE: "If you are thinking about suicide...Read This First!" and then this
>
>JUST A NOTE TO ALL WHO READ MY E-MAIL DATED TODAY GIVING MY PHONE NUMBER: MY HUSBAND HAS ASKED THAT NO ONE CALL THAT NUMBER AND HE WILL BE HAVING IT CHANGED NEXT WEEK BECAUSE I GAVE IT OUT. IT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME THAT I WOULD NEED TO BE CAREFUL ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THAT BECAUSE OF THE NATURE OF OUR GROUP, BUT HE ASSURED ME THAT THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "SAFE" IN THIS WORLD ANYMORE. NOT TO MENTION THAT HE IS SUPER-ANGRY AT ME FOR GIVING IT OUT AND HAVING TO CHANGE IT. SO, DISREGARD THAT E-MAIL BECAUSE AS OF NEXT WEEK, WE WILL HAVE A NEW NUMBER.

>
>[Newman, Laura]
>
>This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
>information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee
>or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended
>recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
>distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
>If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify
>the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.
>
>------_=_NextPart_001_01BF8ED0.D31DCFE0--

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm

This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: