fallopian tube

Sun Mar 26 19:29:52 2000

I have looked in the archives for this info to no avail. As was stated in the archives, I did get my surgical reports shortly after having my son by section. During the procedure, my doctor stated that my left fallopian tube began bleeding due to the fact that it had adhesions. He attempted to control the bleeding with a suture with no luck. "Since the tube was most likely useless, it was clamped and excised." Those were the exact words used in the surgical report. The pathology report states that the tube was unremarkable. There was congested fimbria (which from what I have gathered is excess blood due in part to the pregnancy), and a small paratubal cyst. Now, the questions...

Would the tube have shown signs of the adhesions as opposed to being "unremarkable"? And also, would/should the doctor have removed these adhesions and sent them along to path as well? I am feeling very betrayed that I lost this tube and I don't really know why. As I stated in an earlier e-mail, I have never had any signs or symptoms of adhesions as I have heard them described. I have not had any other abdominal surgury and no known infections which would have caused them. HELP. Thank you for listening. I really need to get answers to be able to close this chapter of my life. I appreciate you listening, wisdom and caring.

Sincerely, Kim

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: