Re: Intergel......use of Intergel in Australia

Mon Apr 17 16:16:21 2000

Lynette, I have inserted my comments within your letter:

````````````````````

At Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Lynette Douglas wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am just writing to let you know that I am to have an operation here in Brisbane with the use of Intergel. It is not approved as yet in Australia, but Johnson & Johnson have some vials over here for patients in great need. The operation will be on the 16th May at the Wesley Hospital (private) by my surgeon Dr George Fielding.

[] Thank you Lynette for sharing the name of your surgeon and the hospital where he performs surgery. You are giving hope to other Australians who also have problems with adhesions!![]

Dr Fielding was the first to try the Seprafilm but it has been unsuccessful in my case. He has used it 3 times on me and has found that the adhesions area is improving, but definitely not OK as yet. The last operation on the 8th March was a bit of a disaster. I have been back and forth to the hospital for 5 weeks now with various infections, and collections. I am just trying to build up my strength now for another operation. As soon as I am able I will let you know how I am doing and what the results have been.

[] I am sorry to hear that your last surgery has caused you so many problems! I hope and pray that you will be able to have your May 16th surgery with the use of Intergel. After your surgery with the use of Intergel Adhesion Barrier, please let all of us hear about the results you will have as a result of Intergel. Intergel has not been approved yet in the United States. []

Also Robyne Hinks has had a massive operation a couple of weeks ago, by my surgeon (hers was an idiot), and he removed a hernia the size of a dinner plate and her adhesions and used the Seprafilm (sp) to help stop the reoccurrence of adhesions. She is still in alot of pain but she is getting there. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

[] I remember Robyne telling us that she would be having surgery; but she said that she would be having her surgery done with the use of Intergel. I wonder why Intergel was not used. Perhaps her surgery was an emergency situation and Intergel was not available yet in Australia. Please let Robyne know that we, at the International Adhesions Society, send our best wishes for a complete recovery following surgery!! []

Regards, Lynette

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: