Painful and alone

Thu Apr 20 08:19:41 2000

Well I have some good news for a change. My pain doctor does believe that I have abdominal adhesions! That's a plus for all of us! Of course, he wants to try a pain block. I told him about our forum and the loads of info here so maybe he checked us out 'cause he sure changed his tune since the first time we talked. He said without a doubt I had adhesions that wwere causing my pain. But on a sadder note my best friend is evidently tired of me not feeling well very much and has been avoiding me. She says that she is too busy. Well I know her habits...been friends for many years...when she is on the computer we always talk through AIM and now when she is on and I get on, she jumps off quickly. My husband too, is losing his patience with me when I don't feel good. I feel so frustrated and alone. I have to find my way by myself. The pain block sounds like it will not work but if I do not go through with it, my doctor may drop me thinking I just wanted pills! You all know how that goes when you have non-malignant pain. I will also have to find someone to drive me to the clinic for the block because I will NOT put anyone out because of my problems. I am ready to shut them all out!! Anyway, I have an appt. with my oncologist today...hope the blood work comes back good. One good thing, she believes me about the adhesions and she doesn't understand why most surgeons don't. Wish me luck in my new attitude! Luv to all....

--
Kay

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: