Removal of adhesions during c-section

Wed May 10 17:22:55 2000

How nice to be able to plan to have a baby! It's not so nice to have adhesions! Adhesions are the natural way in which a person's body heals itself following any surgical procedure...even a laparoscopy!! It may be possible that the adhesion-involvement, which you now have, could cause problems for you while you are pregnant - and the fetus is growing - by the "pulling" kind of pain which adhesions can cause...depending on what the adhesions are attached to.

You do not want to have just any surgeon doing a laparoscopy for adhesions!! Unless you have a surgeon who specializes in difficult adhesion surgeries, you could wind up with more adhesion-involvement than you already have!!

- - - - - -

At Wed, 10 May 2000, Lisa C. wrote:

I had an emergency c-section with my first son, and am planning to get pregnant in August. I will probably have another c-section, this time scheduled. I and my doctor think that I have an adhesion from the first c-section. He suggested a laparoscopy, but I decided at the time not to do it. Now that I am thinking of having another baby, I am wondering if he can remove the adhesion when I am already cut open for the baby.

--Lisa C

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: