Re: JOYCE'S RIBS

Tue May 23 14:17:35 2000

Hi Lisa,

I would like to comment on your statement about the pain you had....shortly after having your adhesiolysis. It is very possible for this pain to be from adhesions. Adhesions reform within two weeks of your surgery....if the doctor did not take the proper steps to prevent them from reforming then most likely they have returned. Not everyone begins to have pain right away...everyone is different, but it is entirely possible that adhesions are the cause! Did your surgeon do clot evacuation? During this they remove even the most minute speck of blood as any remaining debris has been proven to cause the formation of adhesions. Did they leave Ringers Lactate in your abdomen?

To date there is no known cure for adhesions, but there are some doctors that are having some success using this procedure. You should obtain your surgical and pathological reports from your adhesiolysis as well as the following surgery. Read them and see what they say. Should you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Karla ifirgit@up.net

> Hi Joyce, I think i messed up the first msg on the board, so here i go
> again. Sorry if i did, not very good at this.
> I just wanted to say that i was experiencing pain from my ribcage that
> went down the side/then into the abdomen. My doctor gave me some
shots > to localize it, then at the end of march, i had 1/2 of my 8th rib
> removed, and two rib tips off of two others. I just had a surgery in
> Feb for adhesions,so we knew the pain was not from them. it takes
along > time for them to heal, but, the symptoms i was experiencing are gone
> from that side. If you would like more info on it, e-back and i will
> let you know. Good luck. Lisa
>

http://www.adhesions.org/forums/listcmds.htm >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: