Testing probiotics and yoghurts

Tue May 30 01:17:56 2000

Sherry,

thanks for your answer, for your thoughts, your feelings. I'm really very glad you are looking for various alternative methods and try to use them too. As I see you are only a novice in the way of self-treatment and your experience is not so extended to catch some nuances of possible benefits or problems. I even was not going to be argumentative with you since I suspected the things that you later confessed:

> I have not read through it all, as I have not read through all
> the posts of the information I have previously offered.

Usually when we're playing a game and have heard the voice of a trainer or an experienced team mate telling us something important about our play, we shall certainly try to pay attention to theirs words. I also tried to tell you about some aspects. I didn't mean to tell you all details right now since I realized you were not ready to get all the stuff yet.

> However, this one looks quite good and jam packed
> with in depth info regarding 'Proper Order' for Cleansing and
> Detoxification.

Excuse me, but personally I didn't tell somebody what looked good. I usually explain the things which I have passed through and tell about real mine and my relatives' and friends' experiences. Hope you feel the differences in approaches..

On every such 'quite looking-good' site you'll be offered many 'super formulas'. It's business, Sherry, trivial business. They don't share about problems and contradictions. They even don't describe you the mechanisms although all call themselves no less than Dr's... :( :) They give you a short standard list of products and a schedule and assure you'll get renewed your liver or the kidneys in a couple of weeks... :) Personally I contacted with people who had expected "super results" and had to see a surgeon later unfortunately.. :(

I was and am still ready to discuss readily those things with you too, Sherry.

> In fact, it seemed that the purpose of you post was to ..
> .. 'proselytize' curd milk.
.. > However, this one looks quite good and jam packed
> with in depth info regarding

There are lots of similar materials on the web and most of them are copied from just a few sources. There are also hundreds of various 'super' and 'unique' supplements but it's really impossible to try them all. Moreover it would be very expensive too! I wasn't also going to "'proselytize' curd milk". I know some of members are on disability and can't make expensive experiments with numerous drugs or supplements. That's why I recommend to take curd milk (a cup before sleeping). If you make it correctly it would be better than any pro-biotic supplement.

> I don't take a pro-biotic pill as you implied. I do use a
> mult-organism pro-bitioc powder, with L. salivaris.

It doesn't matter at all in what form you take them. :) You may rest assured it doesn't.. :) I also took a powder probiotics before my last operation. That was sheer waste of my time and money too. :)

Sherry, if you are so proud of your powder then try to test what your powder really worth is and then tell us the results. I'm sure it would be very interesting and useful for you to get know the real value of your supplement.

The background is so: In every so-called 'multi-organism probiotic' formula we can find the 'standard' components:

Lactobacillus Acidophilus Bifudobacteria Streptococcus Thermophilus (optional - often used in kefir) Lactobacillus Bolgaricus (often used in dairies ("acidophilus milk") for babies here in Ukraine. We call it "Bulgarian rod" ) Besides some manufacturers add a few extra accessory strains.

Note: Every manufacturer uses own strains of the bacteria. That means you can't find two identical proofs even of the same name bacteria type.

All those bacteria can breed hugely in the milk and clot it. If you buy 'dead' yogurt or low-quality supplement they can't clot the milk properly and you won't be able to get mild clot.

If the stuff contains Streptococcus Thermophilus then the curd milk must be a bit sour to the taste and easy to bubble. Keep with bubbles after pouring. Very 'fast' drink - can 'push through' constipations. But doesn't cause a diarrhea.

If the pattern has Lactobacillus Acidophilus or/and Lactobacillus Bolgaricus then the new milk must has slimy consistence like the fresh May honey. It doesn't tend to bubble at all. Has most delicious taste.

Bifudobacteria itself make the drink with minute clots and specific mild clear taste unlike an usual homemade curd milk. It's hasn't any sharp sour or bitter taste. Doesn't bubble usually. If does then bubbles go out quickly after pouring.

Procedure is very simple:

1. Before sleeping take: a 1 litre glass jar an usual (whole) milk - about 0.8 l a large pan with 1-2 litres of water a pack/bottle of yogurt or a supplement

2. heat the milk till 37-40 C and pour it in the jar heat the water in pan also till 37-40 C

3. a. if you've got a powder - take a spoonful or two of the powder b. if you've got capsules - open 4-6 capsules or cut them c. if you've got a yogurt - take a cup (200-250 ml) of warm yogurt

4. put bacteria or yogurt into the warm milk. mix the milk up.

5. put the jar with milk into the pan. Put the lids on the jar and on the pan.

6. In the morning: a. if you used a supplement - you'll get one of above-mentioned drinks b. if you used a yogurt - you'll get the absolutely the same dairy product( identical taste, consistence, bacteria compound).

If you get a drink with quite strange taste and consistence then try to think what the supplement or yogurt really consisted of... :( Personally I used this method many times with various diary products or microbiological supplements like 'probiotics'.

BTW my college diploma was in 'food stuff expertise'. So I know perfectly dairy produce technology and the microbiological background of those processes. :)

Sherry, try to do the test and share your results with us.

With love, Igor Gudymenko

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: