How long do I wait to have surgery, that is the question...

Tue May 30 13:27:12 2000

I would like to know how long I should wait before giving in the surgery again. I had 2 laparotomies in 1998 for extensive dense adhesions throughout the abdomen, and on intestines. The surgeries also included TAH and appendectomy. I was hospitalized several months ago for a partial obstruction as I have experienced acute obstructions in the past. The pulling is severe in my back and today feels like my insides are being pulled out through my lower back and buttocks!!! I am having trouble bending. I have been told my my surgeons and pain clinic doctors that I should not have surgery again until I start throwing up. My understanding is due to the fact that I have had previous surgeries on my intestine including a resection, the surgery is quite risky. What do I do in the mean time? My husband and I are going on vacation in 2 1/2 weeks! We didn't get to go last year because I was hospitalized a lot. We are looking forward to this time together. I feel like I'm going crazy, this whole adhesion thing is just a dream, when will I wake up? Sherry in WV

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: