ADHESIONS and PAIN to Bonnie

Tue Jul 4 23:22:53 2000

Dear Bonnie:

To see my old message posted made my mouth drop open as I have come so long since I wrote that message; so very far. My first CT scan was read as negative, but after going to another GYN and complaining for months of the pain, he sent my x-ray to another radiologist who must have been looking for adhesions as her report read "looks like adhesions, loops of bowel fixed," much to my relief to finally know what I had. My GYN (because we know this is a big secret now amongest surgeons) didn't tell me those exact words, when he called he said, "Helen, looks like you have adhesions, but you will be fine because they stretch and many people live with adhesions with no problem at all." Well, I didn't live with them just fine. After finding this site and being advised to get my medicals I was finally able to understand why I was in such pain. It has always plagued me, why this surgeon, who didn't even perform my hysterectomy, would try to hide the extent of my adhesion involvement. Also, on my very first visit to him his first office visit note said, "probably adhesions," but he never said it to me until he finally had to. It just burns me to no end that these surgeons have a good idea what we have, but just sit there and will try to give you every other diagnosis, just hoping we will give up and run away. This just has to be made public, some how some way, we must inform the public to prevent all this needless suffering.

--
Helen Chalmers

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: