Re: Anne...Second-look laparoscopy....re-formed adhesions & de nova adhesions

Wed Jul 5 23:09:58 2000

I have to say it again. I have six more trigger points than were necessary where the second-look lap + cystoscopy to rule out Interstitial Cystitis. If I had known then what I know now I never would have allowed either procedure to be done by surgeons who didn't have a clue about adhesion prevention.

I left Helen's entire post because it bears repeating. Anyone with adhesions cannot be warned about this too many times.

Onery1 http://www.soltec.net/~onery1

Helen wrote:

I remember reading that Dr. J. Glenn Bradley, formerly with OBGYN.net, compares adhesions to cob webs - "cob webs" which are "easily swept down" within a week to ten days following a surgical procedure. I am not a medical professional; but I really wonder if it was a wise idea on the surgeon's part to "wash out adhesions" with "something like a water pik." I would think that just the force of the spray would be traumatic to the soft tissues within our body.

Laparoscopy surgery in and of itself can cause adhesions. If any debris blood ) from the laparoscopic procedure is left within the abdominal cavity, the result is the development of adhesions!! To me, it would seem plausible that, instead of "washing out the adhedilin (?) tissue", the force of the spray may have helped to introduce debris from the surgery further into the abdominal cavity...thus contributing to de nova adhesions De nova adhesions are new adhesions, which form away from the surgical site.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: