The message board

Fri Jul 7 20:35:05 2000

I recently underwent an abdominal laparotomy for adhesions following an intestinal resectioning last year. I truly thought I was losing my mind because of the pain. The stress on me and my family was tremendous. Many times I couldn't do the things my son wanted because everything was contingent upon how I felt. Also, my husband's frustration finally peaked when he told me to get over it, it wasn't cancer. He was going to leave me. Fortunately that did

I also thought this was a fairly rare condition. Based on my research and information found in this website, it isn't. It is something that does not have the public interest because there is no big named celebrity speaking out about it.

It saddens and frightens me to see what others are dealing with. I will pray for all of you. I hope this surgery works. Of course, since it hasn't even been two weeks, it is too early to tell.

The message board has given me some real information I can use when I go back to see my surgeon. I want to thank all of you for your contributions. It is nice to know I am not alone. I thought I was all alone and was very afraid. The fear is still there but it is nice to know there is a safe place I can go where people will understand what I am dealing with.

--
Becky, Florida

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: