Re: interviewing a dr

Sat Jul 8 23:28:26 2000

Rachel,

I think you're right on with what you want to accomplish, but right off the bat, he might put you in a "kook" category. You might tell that to the new doc, but add that "it might take a little time for you to get to know me, but will you work with me to solve my problem?" Some docs won't, some will.

We found a doc that does exactly what you want. The thing that helps the most is our doc likes to use email. He gave us his email address at work (and now at his home), and he responds to our frequent emails immediately.

I cannot emphasize enough how much email correspondence with the doc has helped. We set up appointments by email, ask for prescriptions by email, and send him an endless stream of questions.

-----Original Message----- From: rcmanus@ipa.net [mailto:rcmanus@ipa.net] Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2000 8:34 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Subject: interviewing a dr

I have an appointment in a couple of weeks with a new dr. I want to just come right out and say "Listen, I'm looking for a dr who welcomes patients who do their own research, is open to new ideas and is comfortable prescribing pain medication. Do you think you're that kind of dr?" But somehow I'm not sure thats the right approach. How do I find out if this guy is on the same page with me? (I have endometriosis and am trying to find a new gyn) Thanks! Rachel

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: