Karla Nygren has regained consciousness.........

Wed Jul 12 16:23:26 2000

At 1:06 PM ( CDT ) Bev notified me that, " Karla has regained consiousness and recognizes everyone, from what her sister Sue tells me. She should be home sometime next week ....and she will never be able to have another surgery. That is all I have right now."

Later by phone Bev told me that in the process of intubating Karla ( anesthesia ) for surgery, Karla had a cardiac arrest; so unfortunately Karla's surgery for today did not take place!!

Karla is in the Intensive Care Unit at the University of Chicago-Weiss Memorial Hospital; and the important issue is that she is expected to recover from this attempt at surgery today. Bev said, " Karla is in need of prayer more then I ever realized!!!!! "

It is expected that Karla will be in the hospital for at least a week. It is now, International Adhesions Society members and friends, that Karla is going to need our prayers, our Get Well wishes...and most of all our encouragement and support!!

Until I have been giving a different address for Karla, her address is:

Karla Nygren University of Chicago-Weiss Memorial Hospital 4646 N. Marine Drive Chicago, IL 60640

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: