Re: Has anyone had gallbladder trouble?

Fri Jul 21 11:41:59 2000

I don't know how the oil would get into your gallbladder. Bile comes down the bile duct from the gallbladder and enters the duodenum. Oil would not travel up the bile duct, and I don't think oil would circulate and travel from the liver to the gallbladder. (But, I'm not a doctor.)

The gallbladder works when you eat, and stops working when you don't eat. So, the best way to secrete bile on a regular basis is to eat on a regular basis. If you don't eat for extended periods of time--months--the inactive gallbladder can accumulate "sludge," which may be difficult to move out if you again start eating. The gallbladder may be inactive for extended periods of time in people who feed by tube.

-----Original Message----- From: rmasse2333@aol.com [mailto:rmasse2333@aol.com] Sent: Friday, July 21, 2000 11:01 AM Subject: Re: Has anyone had gallbladder trouble?

I am not sure how effective this is,or if it is even possible, but I had always heard that you can clean out your gallbladder by avoiding oil for one week & then eat alot of oil for one week. I think that adding the oil & extra oil back into you gallbladder is intended to flush it out. I have never had problems with mine, so, I havent ever tried it. Has anyone else ever hear about doing this?? Any of the Nurses here, does that even sound possible?? Let me know. Robin

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: