Appendix removal and subsequent adhesions

Mon Jul 24 18:20:19 2000

Dear All, First of all my symathy goes out to you all, i've no doubt my woes will be very minor in comparison to most of yours. I had my Appendix removed about a year and four months ago, following this surgery i developed increaing amounts of abdominal pain as the time went on, im my hospital discharge i was told this was a normal symptom and could continue for up to a year. After a year i went to see my GP he told me it could be an infection or adhesions. I was refered to my local NHS Hospital where i underwent blood tests xrays and examinations, i was offered pain management therapy, but never diagnosed, one Doctor told me it was Constipation!! Following this i made enquiries to be treated privately. Three months ago i had a laparoscomy?? (spelling) I paid privately for this procedure an amout exceeding £2000.00, The consultant diagnosed adhesions within minutes and said if i had keyhole surgery he would seperate the adhesions and insert a gel to stop them re-forming. Following this operation i had three totally pain free months. Recently over the last three weeks the twinges are back!! I cant tell you how disappointed i am, as now i have all the same symptoms back, First i get a feeling about 2omm above my appendix scar like im being pinched from the inside, as this subsides i feel as though my insides are trembling, following this i feel and actually tremble on the outside, i feel weak and tired. I've been back to see the surgeon and have had a Barium meal and follow through, only to be told today that the adhesions are back, the Barium meal proved fruitless, i need another operation, yet another laporoscomy for separation of adhesions. My questions are, will they return again?? Can i do anything to help stop them re-forming? Do the Manufacturers of this Gel offer any guarantees? Should i look at legal action against a, the Consultant that performed the laparoscomy. or b, the surgeons who performed the original appendix operation. Im angry at the moment as my consultant is going on holiday for three or four weeks so there will be a delay in my treatment, he's also proposing to re-operate on the national health so ill no doubt get a lesser standard of care and aftercare also ill have to wait longer,he, obviously gets paid again this way. I cant afford to pay out £2000.00 again for another private op so im left at the consultant and the NHS'S mercy. In the meantime im trying not to take constant painkillers as prior to my recent op i found i became dependant on them, even waking in the night for my dosage. Please anyone who can offer advice e-mail me at GMCLtd@aol.com Im not after compensation or financial retribution, i just want to be able to be pain free again, as time goes on during my wait for my next op i dont want to deteriorate to the levels i did before, where i would pass out in pain. Thanks for any replies i get may i wish you all well.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: