Anyone Experience Spasms or Nerve Related Problems?

Thu Jul 27 18:35:12 2000

My name is Roberta and I'm new to this site. I've had 12 surgeries over the past 25 years; 1 for removal of a healthy appendix and ruputured cyst, 3 C-Section deliveries, 1 tubal pregnancy, 1 total hysterectomy and 6 were for lysis of adhesions to the bowel, intestinal lining and bladdar wall. Due to constant pain I also experience electrical shock-like spasms on a daily basis. Like most everyone I've read about, directly after surgery I receive 1 1/2 - 2 months of relief from pelvic pain and spasms. Then slowly but surely the pain increases and the frequency of these sometimes violent jolts or spasms escalte. I've noticed other nuerological related responces to the pain, which sometimes includes a head twitch or nerve reaction in some other part of the body. Most always the epicenter is located near the area where the most surgery work has taken place.Strange I know, but maybe, just maybe, I'm not the only person experiencing these nerve wracking, body thrashing electronic shock treatments. If so, I would greatly appreciate some feedback. A voice, perhaps in the dark, who like me, feels a little lost and hopeless. Also, what, if anything diet or exercise wise can be done to help prolong or prevent a future surgery? My last 2 were Oct. & Nov. of 99. An accidental 3 inch laser slice of my intestine the last go around has made me very gun shy. Would love to hear of any new proven treatments or barriers being used with any level of success. Thank you for your compassion and understanding. I'm greatful for this site and forum. Take care and God Bless. RB

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: