Re: Does the pain from adhesions get worse as years go by?

Sun Jul 30 00:13:40 2000

Hi Helen, I have not yet read through the 40 something emails that appeared on my screen but after reading about Tracie, I had to reply. My case is very similar, I had many laporoscopies, endo and c-sections then my left ovary removed in 1996 (cysts) and just about one year later, my complete hysterectomy. I also have increasing pain due to adhesions on my bladder wall and bowel. There is a chance that I may have more endo stimulated by the estrogen in my patch. My hysterectomy was done in 1997 and I have had pain increasing considerably since then. The latest suggestion by my gastro Dr.was to have another laporoscopy to remove the adhesions and I am scheduled August to talk about the referral he gave me at Stanford University. I don't like the thought of another surgery, it is likely that I may try to put it off until I cannot deal with it anymore. I wish Tracie and everyone else here patience, strength and endurance. May the Lord bless each one of you with complete healing and peace. In Friendship, Natalie

>----- Original Message -----
From: Helen Dynda <olddad66@runestone.net> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@forum.obgyn.net> Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2000 8:55 PM Subject: Does the pain from adhesions get worse as years go by?

> Here is another question that Tracie would like to have some feedback
> on:
>
> Does the pain from adhesions get worse as years go by. Or
> will the pain, which Tracie is experiencing now, always stay the same?
>
> Tracie has had problems with bowel and bladder adhesions; and she was
> recently diagnosed as having endometriosis.
>
> Tracie said that she has had 6 abdominal surgeries...3 of which were
> c-sections. She has had not only had adhesion problems; but she has
> also had problems with cysts on her ovaries; and eventually had a
> complete hysterectomy.
>
> I have never experienced this; so, if you have, will you give Tracie
> some feedback on what you have experienced? Thank You!!
>

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: