Services For Marian Lewis

Tue Aug 1 21:05:02 2000

To All Members: This afternoon, Pam and I attended the funeral services for Marian Lewis. This was even more than I expected. I naturally was ready for all the pain and sorrow that is expressed at a service when saying goodbye to a loved one. But Pam and I also learned what a wonderful, caring woman Marian was throughout her lifetime. Family members spoke of the never ending smile and warm affection she constantly gave to others. Friends spoke of her as a woman that gave her love unconditionally and freely. The pastor spoke of a woman that gave him strength and constant amazement, though constantly in pain. He talked how the love between Marian and her husband was a total, unconditional, 100%, true love. He spoke on how she was telling him, the pastor, not to be depressed over her condition and to smile, as she did. This woman was a honest to goodness trooper that truly loved her family, friends, and God. The Keystone United Methodist Church and the surrounding communities have lost a very special person as have the Lewis'. We spoke to Mr. Lewis for some time afterwards and not only expressed our sorrow for his loss, but passed on all the messages posted regarding Marian. We had printed ALL of them and gave them to him to read later. He wanted to relay to all, a sincere, heartfelt thank you for the support. He said he was contemplating taking a full page newspaper ad looking for ANY surgeon willing to help Marian, when Bev replied to a posting his son placed on the site. He also expressed the utmost admiration for the kind, professional, and caring manner for which Dr. Reich and Dr. Redan cared for both them and the families back home, explaining everything in complete and understandable detail. This was a very complex form of cancer that took Marian. I am still reading on it myself. I am including his address again for anyone wishing to send further condolences or just to write Paul Lewis. The address is: Paul Lewis 8945 Donna Lu Dr. Odessa, FL 33556 Again, thank you for all your loving support and God Bless all as He and Marian embrace each other.

--
Bob Markford

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: