The U.S.Postal Service has no authority to surcharge e-mail messages.

Mon Aug 7 17:34:42 2000

>----- Original Message -----
From: "House Document Public Requests"<HouseDocumentPublicRequests@mail.house.gov> To: "Helen Dynda" <olddad66@runestone.net> Cc: "LRC Sent Items" <LRCSentItems@mail.house.gov> Sent: Monday, August 07, 2000 12:36 PM Subject: Re: Bill 602P

Thank you for contacting the Legislative Resource Center. It is a hoax. Bill 602P is not a real piece of legislation. No such proposed legislation exists. The following statement was issued by the U.S. Postal Service:

WASHINGTON- "A completely false rumor concerning the U.S. Postal Service is being Circulated on Internet e-mail. As a matter of fact, the Postal Service has learned that a similar Hoax accurred recently in Canada concerning Canada Post".

The U.S.Postal Service has no authority to surcharge e-mail messages sent over the internet.

--
----------

> From: Helen Dynda[SMTP:olddad66@runestone.net] > Sent: Monday, August 07, 2000 12:54 PM > To: House Document Public Requests > Subject: Bill 602P > > Can you tell me if the following information is true or is it a hoax? I > have received 2 emails in regard to Bill 602P. In researching Bill 602P, > I have found 2 websites which say that this bill is a hoax. > > If I have sent this message to the wrong email address - which could > answer my question - would you kindly direct it to the right email > address? Thank you!! > > Sincerely, > Helen Dynda ( Minnesota )

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: