Radiotherapy adhesions

From: Elizabeth Sturgess (ELIZABETH.STURGESS@LIBERTYSURF.COM)
Mon Aug 21 23:40:04 2000

I had Chemo then hyterectomy and removal of top third of the vagina and 40 lymph nodes, then more chemo and pelvic radiotherapy, for stage 2B adeno cervical cancer. 7 years on I suffer from very bad low back pain, moving round to the lower abdominal area, either constipation or diorreah and sever acid problems in the duodenum. Pain killers can cause as many problems as they create so unless the pain is extreme I try to avoid them. I have after much pushing had some tests that show the bowel is now (almost) just a tube with vey poor function, but my intenstines are normal width. I think I have adhesions in my intestines and around the back muscles which is causing all these problems, but it is like pulling teeth to get information. I also have thick abdominal scarring which is making stomach exercises (which I also think may help with the back pain) quite uncomfortable and difficult. I just want some help with pain relief and some way to live a normal(ish) life. I am 43 years old and other than this in pretty good health. Please could you recommend some sites where I can research for myself and perhaps help myself.

Many thanks Liz Sturgess

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: