surgery for my adhesions/endo

Thu Sep 21 23:13:24 2000

Hi everyone, I have not posted for awhile because I have been in extreme pain for the past month. I have not been able to find a doctor who will listen to me, they all say that it is in my head, while I am suffering terribly. I have had problems with adhesions and endo for the past 9 years now. I am 27 years old and have already had 5 surgeries, the last one a complete hysterectomy. I had the hysterectomy a year and half ago. I was okay during that time, I had spells from time to time, but they only lasted a few day and I just gritted my teeth and bared it. Now for the last month and half it is constant again and getting worse. I finally found a gynecologist that listened to me today. He examined me and found a mass on my right side, which he could also feel by just touching my abdomen. He also said that I was very tender during the entire pelvic examine which I knew already because I was crying afterward. He wants to perform a exploratory laparotomy as soon as possible to find out what the mass is. In fact he set me up for surgery today. I am just so afraid of what he may find in there. I know that the endo is back, and there is no doubt that there are adhesions present, I am worried more about the mass he found seeing I have no ovaries anymore. I am skeptical about the surgery, but I am in so much pain, I am about ready to just do it and get it over with. I am supposed to have surgery next month, But I am very afraid. Can anyone relate to a mass coming back after hysterectomy, and might know what this might be. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you Stacey

--
Stacey

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: