Re: adhesion sypmtoms

Fri Sep 22 16:10:59 2000

I have very similar symptoms to yours......I had an appendectomy when I was 14, with no complications at all until I was 29 (I'm 32 right now). I have a constant feeling of tension, pulling and bloating in my right side, that never goes away. I have a lot of problems with constipation....very frustrating, inconvenient, discouraging, and sometimes embarassing. I never had these problems before.

I saw a doctor locally and had a barium enema and upper digestive tract x-rays. they revealed nothing.....he thought I probably had adhesions and recommended a careful diet including prune juice and smaller meals.

He didn't recommend surgery unless the problem became more inhibiting or painful. Right now, I'm so sick of constantly trying to manage my bowel system, and constantly dealing with bloating. I also can't remember the last time I really felt comfortable and physically fit. I go to the gym at least 4 times per week, and that seems to be helping a little. I also stretch a lot. I try to keep tons of liquids in my diet, especially tea and hot water.

I don't mean go on and on about this, but I know it really helps to know you're not the only one, and you're not crazy. Good luck!

At Sat, 26 Aug 2000, anonymous wrote: >
>I do not experience alot of pain, but I do believe I may be experiencing
>problems from adhesions. I had my appendix out years ago, and I also
>had a tubal ligation, but I am aware adhesions can form without surgery,
>also.
>I experience a great deal of difficulty with bowel movements. I get
>real relief the first and second day of menstruation, and then I begin
>to go in the other direction. It gets extremely difficult after I
>ovulate and continues until I menstruate again. I am not experiencing
>alot of pain, but rather a great deal of discomfort, bloating, etc. It
>makes me absolutely miserable, and no matter what kind of diet I try, I
>still experience the problem.
> I wondered if other people have a similar problem.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: