Re: News UPDATED!!...............................Posted again for Bev.

Wed Oct 4 22:35:44 2000

At Wed, 4 Oct 2000 Bernie and Beverly Doucette wrote:

I would like to share this with our IAS members in hopes that they can see the progress that has been made through this society, on their behalf and on the behalf of those who will unfortunatly follow in our footsteps. Some of you will remember this and others may see this as insignificant...but I wanted credit placed where credit is due to give you an idea as to what happened on the date you see below that has impacted every IAS member who suffers the pain, disability and desperation of Adhesion Related Disease ( aka ARD )!

I just spoke to Mr. William Wantz of Michigan. Bill is the husband of the late Marjorie Wantz and we had a long discussion today on her suffering and choice of dying verses living with her pain and suffering. Bill said that he was very, very happy to hear that there has been progress made in this area of chronic pelvic/abdominal pain suffering! Hearing the news today of the IAS gave him a good feeling to know that Marjorie will not be forgotten and may have indeed left a legacy behind that could reach out and make a difference for others who suffer as she did! He was shocked at the progress...and closed with this comment today:

" What can I say, it's too late for us now; but I sure wish something like the IAS would have been there for Marjorie and me!!

"Thank-you for thinking of us now...thank-you!"

Marjorie Lee Wantz, 58, Sodus, Michigan...Who died at the hands of Dr. Jack Kavorkien on October 23, 1991.

This day in history: Monday, January 10th, 2000 ****************************************************

Message Board:

--
HOPE: A letter from Harry Reich, M.D. offers hope....

Mon, 10 Jan 2000 00:48:48 -0600 (CST)

a.. Messages sorted by: [ date ][ thread ][ subject ][ author ]

b.. Next message: Helen Dynda: "Challenge yourself to be an informed consumer of your health care !! Many different topics!!"

c.. Previous message: Bernie and Beverly Doucette: "Re: dateline 20/20"

d.. Next in thread: khickey: "Re: HOPE: A letter from Harry Reich, M.D. offers hope...."

e.. Maybe reply: khickey: "Re: HOPE: A letter from Harry Reich, M.D. offers hope...."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------Beverly suggested that I share a letter, which she received from Dr. Harry Reich, in response to her letter to him about Christine's untimely death from adhesion-related disease.  Here is that letter:

Bev,

What a horrible case & result. I feel very bad for her family and support group.

I am working on developing a center to treat these cases & will hopefully discuss this with you in the near future.

HR ( Harry Reich )

I read Dr. Reich's message at Christina Buelteman's funeral that = day...and today I am so very pleased to share with all of you, that DR. HARRY REICH, M.D. did in fact keep his word; and here ( see below ) are the results of his offer of hope to all who suffer Adhesion Related Disease:

In friendship,

Beverly J. Doucette

Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeons of New York, LLC 872 5th Ave.

New York NY 10021 USA

Phone Toll Free 1-877-527-7874

http://www.adlap.com/

" It's my hope that through Adlap.com, we can broaden worldwide recognition of what we feel are self-evident and superior advantages and benefits of minimally invasive, laparoscopic surgery. "

Harry Reich, MD, FACOG, FACS Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeons of New York, LLC

872 5th Ave.

New York NY 10021 USA

Phone Toll Free 1-877-527-7874

| Home | For Consumers | For Physicians | Adlap Surgeons | News | Adlap On Your Site | Terms of Use |

Copyright © 2000 Adlap. Adlap is a Trademark of Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeons of New York, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You are visitor #

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: