Re: Painful bowel movements from Adhesions?

Fri Oct 6 19:58:41 2000

Annie, welcome to the forum! I am sorry you are going through this. I have had many surgeries for adhesions and am having surgery for intestinal adhesions Oct. 30th with Drs. Redan and Reich. They are considered perhaps the best laparoscopic surgeons in the country. Today has been an extremely pain filled day. The most severe pain and pulling is under my left rib and goes to my back. That area is extremely tender to the touch and I have very limited movement.I have a terrible time trying to move my bowels and it is extremely painful. I had my TAH, appendectomy and extensive lysis of dense adhesions in Nov. of 98. At that time my surgeon used Seprafilm adhesion barrier, which I feel may have slowed down the adhesion formation. I had a laparotomy 6 months before that for very extensive adhesions. The best thing I can share with you is become as informed as you can, keep a pain calendar, and know that this forum is the best place to learn and share information. If I hadn't come here, I wouldn't have known about the new adhesion unit in Scranton, PA. The people on here really do understand and will do anything to help you. I wish you the best. Sherry Marie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: