Pain after Hysterectomy

Fri Oct 13 02:09:46 2000

Hi all, I just wanted to say something about having pain where your ovaries used to be after hysterectomy. I had a hysterectomy almost two years ago. I always had extreme problems having cysts form on my right ovary due to endometriosis. They would be the size of a grapefruit by the time they did surgery. Anyway, ever since my TAH, I have still had pain where my right ovary (supposedly) used to be. When my TAH was performed I had extensive adhesions covering everything. My gynecologist thinks I have ovarian remnant syndrome, so does Dr. Redan. This is where they left part of your ovary in. My gynecologist can feel a mass exactly where my ovary was, or may be still there. They are not for sure, but isn't that weird? My gyncologist says that when my other surgeon performed the TAH, maybe there were so many adhesions that he couldn't see all of my ovary and didn't get it all. He also thinks the endo has returned and I know the adhesions have returned. I am having surgery on Tuesday 10/17/00. Please wish me luck, I am getting very nervous. I don't want to go through another pointless surgery. The doctor seems like a good surgeon and Dr. Redan agrees with his opinion....but I am still scared. Thank you all for listening and your very much appreciated support.

In friendship Stacey

--
Stacey

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: