Re Laser Surgery

Sat Oct 14 19:45:31 2000

Dear Tammy, I am sorry to hear about your brother, If he is contemplating laser surgery,please get a second opinion before he goes ahead with it. I had laser surgery to separate adhesions on my Bowel,Bladder and left Ovary. I was told it was going to cure all my problems. instead it was my worst nightmare. It was done under laparascopic procedure. This was a new procedure at the time. I was one of the first twenty-five people in the country to have this procedure done and all the doctors thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. ( I was famous, I was cured ) I was pain free for three months and then the pain came back with a vengeance. ( I wasn't famous anymore no one wanted to know me ) Their next recommendation, was that I have a total hysterectomy. That didn't cure me either, although it gave me 4 years without pain. Both operations were done by the same surgeon. and I have had 2 more separations since then. The first one gave me 3 years and the last one gave me one month.

I'm not saying don't have laser surgery. its 11 years since I had mine. I'm just saying, get a second opinion. My doctor thinks the laser surgery made me worse, and I am now a complete invalid in constant pain day and night.

I hope your brother gets some answers soon and some relief from his pain. love Kath

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: