Endometriosis Persisting After Castration -- Removing Disease, Not Organs, Key To Long Term Relief

Mon Oct 16 21:33:39 2000

[] Endometriosis Persisting After Castration - Removing Disease, Not Organs, Key To Long Term Relief...by David B. Redwine, M.D.

http://www.scmc.org/endo/html/reprint7.html "Doctor to patient: "So. You have endometriosis. Well, let's remove your uterus, tubes and ovaries. This is the only known cure for the disease. You see, it works this way: the endometriosis comes from refluxed menstrual blood flowing out of the ends of the fallopian tubes into your abdominal cavity, carrying with it living cells from the lining of the uterus. These refluxed endometrial cells attach to various pelvic, intestinal or abdominal surfaces and begin to grow. Removing your uterus will stop the reflux problem, and removal of the ovaries will cause the endometriosis which remains behind to go away forever."

Why would you treat a disease surgically by leaving the disease in place and removing something else?

Patient: "I don't quite understand. Why would you treat a disease surgically by leaving the disease in place and removing something else? Could we just try to remove the disease first and see what happens?"

Doctor to patient: "That's not the conventional approach to this disease. In fact, I think it's entirely inappropriate. What I have outlined is the accepted, definitive therapy for the disease. If you're going to question my recommendations, perhaps you would be more comfortable finding another physician."

Patient: "Well, I guess you're the doctor. I haven't had any children yet, but my pain is so bad it looks like I have no alternatives. If you say so, I guess it's okay."

If you have endometriosis, and if your doctor told you a total hysterectomy would cure you of endometriosis......BE SURE TO READ THE REST of the information at this site.................FOR THE TRUTH!!!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: