Re: adhesions without surgery (?)

Tue Oct 24 02:18:43 2000

Hi Suzanne... My first surgery revealed adhesions on my colon and I had never had any surgeries before. At the time of the surgery, the surgeon did not find any endo so we are not sure what caused my adhesions. A while back someone on here had an interesting theory that her and her doctor came up with. She also had intestinal adhesions with no prior surgeries (on the left side, pain very similar to mine from what I understand) nor did they find any endo during her first surgery. They think she was having abnormal (large or maybe infected?) ovarian cysts to rupture every month causing fluid and blood spillage causing the adhesions. They come to this theory due to the fact that when she is on b/c pills (stopping ovulation) she gets much better. B/c pills help me also but I have a problem staying on them due to emotional problems on them. I'm currently taking them along with Effexor (an anti-depressant) in hopes of being able to stay on them. But my new gyn swears that if the b/c pills helps, that I have endo...even though they have never found it during my 2 surgeries... The ovarian cyst theory sounds good to me... but it's just that... a theory... so who knows... This seems to be a very mysterious disease... I swear, sometimes, especially after doctor visits, I feel like I'm in the twilight zone... LOL Good Luck if you seek a diagnosis... Just a note: My pain came back much worse after my adhesions were excised (cut) the first time... Best Wishes, Joyce

At Sun, 22 Oct 2000, suzanne wrote: >
>Is it at all possible to have adhesions (I guess intestinal adhesions)
>even if you have never, ever had any surgery? Sometimes I read about
>symptoms that sound so much like mine but then disregard because I have
>never heard of adhesions without having had surgery.

--
Joyce

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: