keeping my job

Thu Oct 26 14:10:56 2000

Hi Gang,

First of all.........best of luck to all of those having sugery soon. My thoughts will be with you all and I will hope and pray for each of you that we'll soon be hearing wonderful reports of speedy recoveries and painfree life. Special thoughts to Sherry Marie and Anne Hayashi. Anne...thanks so much for all your input. I will be thinking great thoughts for you and hope to hear from you again once you are back home.

Now.....my question. How many of you continue to work throughout your ordeals with adhesions? I am a fulltime salaried office manager for in the recreation field. This past month I have taken more sick days than I've worked and my available sick days are dwindling down. Just today I initiated a conversation about that with my boss. He says he is fine with everything thus far. I still manage to get all my work done, I take work home when needed, (the good ole couch office) but I still worry. It is becoming more of a struggle to concentrate of my work, a struggle to get ready in the morning when all I want to do is lay down. I'm really worried about how long I can continue this way.

If I quit or lose my job I would lose my insurance after the one year COBRA period. I've worked at this job for 13 years and to this point feel very stable and secure in my position but lately.......gee I wouldn't blame them for wanting someone new.

Monday I'll be taking another day off again for another (most likely unsuccessful) barium enema test. I've been reading the ongoing debate about PT and accupuncture/pressure etc. My doctor is now suggesting these treatments. $ is always a factor. I just feel at such a crossroads but so weary that I can't seem to forge on in any direction.

So I'm curious to know how many others are dealing with the work situation like I am. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Hugs to all, Verna

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: