Re: Another surgery!!...Please keep Bev's mother and her family in your prayers!!

Fri Oct 27 14:22:02 2000

So sorry to hear that Bev's mother is facing another surgery. She sounds like a wonderful lady. My thoughts and prayers are with Bev's family in this difficult time. It is so unfair that people have to go through surgery when they are older.

--
Kathy L.

At Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Robin wrote: > >Dear Bev, >I will pray for your mother & pray that her surgery is succesful. I >also prayed for you & your family. I pray the Lord will bless & comfort >you during this time. You mom sounds like a great LADY. >Love >Robin > >At Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Helen Dynda wrote: >> >>Dear International Adhesions Society members and friends, >> >>Yesterday, October 26th, I received word from our dear Bev that her mother is in need of another surgery!! In Bev's words: >> >>"My mother has taken a turn for the worse tonight. She is evidently going into another surgery tomorow; but things do not look too good for her. >> >>"The surgeons told my mother that she might not survive another surgery; and she told them she wasn't as frail as they think she is...and to go ahead and do the surgery...and IF she doesn't make it through the surgery, well then, she went in with a darn good attitude! She then proceeded to tell them that maybe THEY should have a better attitude about this surgery and her chances just might increase!!! That's my mother!!! >> >>"Mom is going to die soon...that is evident. She will die if she doesn't have surgery; and she will "probably" die in surgery...but as she says, ' I'll go into surgery with a positive attitude...and if I don't make it, then I shoot through with a positive attitude!! ' As sad as it is...you have to laugh when she says her piece!! :-) And it will not be too difficult to remember her with smiles and joy...and not with sadness and tears!! That's my mom!!! :-) >> >>To Bev: I hope that your mother was able to get her surgeons' attention...so, when it's time for her surgery, that her surgeons will have a positive attitude!! Bev's mother's positive attitude reminded me of a story I posted on the Message Board some time ago. The gist of the story was: the patient, who was going to have surgery, noticed the gloomy faces of everyone in the operating room; so he asked the surgeons to at least " act as if " his surgery was going to be a success. >> >>My prayers are with you, Bev, and your family. I pray that with God's help and the skill of her surgeons that your mother's surgery will be a success!!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: