Re: Do prayers look like " Diamonds ?"

Mon Oct 30 17:04:33 2000

I would like to express my appreciation for so many kind and compassionate words sent to me this last weekend when my mother took ill, it really touched my heart and did make a difference how I was able to get through this time of sadness...I printed out many of your thoughts and prayers and read them to mother as I sat at her bedside ..she loved them. She beamed, she even had me read them over again, and them made sure I left them at her bedside when we said good night! Thank-you all for touching MY mothers life in such a special way! How blessed I was to be able to experience the joy and pride in her face as I shared with her the caring words of my wonderful friends from ALL over the world..she smiled and smiled!!! And my heart was so filled with happiness, that at anytime my heart started to sadden, it was immediately filled with thoughts of her enjoying your letters about HER! Thank-you from the bottom of my heart..your an awesome group of wonderful angels..all of you! Please read on and draw your own conclusions to my mothers " dream! " ( Remember..people do not dream when under for surgery..so did she or didn't she? )

I would like to share this story that mom told us on Saturday while we were there... it is neat! She was sound asleep when we came into her room, so I quietly started to sit down in the chair next to her bed, she opened her eyes so wide and looked at me and smiled from ear to ear! That shocked me as I didn't know at that time she had not had the interabdominal procedure completed..and man, she sure was wide awake only a few hours after her surgery I was thinking!! But she was smiling ear to ear!!!

" Just before I was put under, the Dr. said he was going to put me to sleep now, and I told HIM he had better wake me up, and he said he intended to wake me up, in my mind I was thinking that he had better do that anyway, and then I said a prayer asking GOD to let me see my kids faces one more time, ....!!"

I then overheard her telling this to our son, Jeffrey.. Bernie, Jenny & I all looked at each other then stopped and listened..I thought for a moment she had, well, lost it, but she sure was right on target when she told this!!!

" When I was sleeping during the surgery, a lady came to me and woke me up, I looked all around this room and it was FULL of diamonds, thousands of beautiful sparkling diamonds, everywhere I looked I could see them sparkling all around me!!! I asked the lady what they were for,and she said they were all for ME.!" " For ME? " The lady took a handful of the diamonds and showed them to me, they were spilling over out of her hands!!" "Why for ME? " I asked her and she said. " These are all the people who care about you, who are praying for you and who love you, each one of these is a thought for you!" Then mom said , " All I would like is to see my kids faces one more time, and I will be happy, that's all I ask for is to wake up to see them one more time!" The lady said to her, " Your going to wake up and see them again, that is going to happen...you are surrounded by lots of love, Evelyn! " Then mom said she could hear someone calling her name, " Evelyn are you awake, are you awake? " Mom said, " Am I? " The nurse said to her, " Evelyn open your eyes. " I opened my eyes and I said, " I guess I AM awake, I am awake again!!" And that nurse said to me that I had a lot of kids anxiously waiting to see their mom and that they could all come in and see me now!! It was the best thing I ever saw, my kids faces again.....and ohhh, all those diamonds around me, I'll never forget that as long as I live!!

I asked mom who she thought the lady was, and she said to me, " Oh it wasn't a lady, not really, it was all inside my mind as I was sleeping during that surgery! But it sure was beautiful, all my diamonds around me! " Mother was not talking about the diamond as gems, but as something so beautiful and representing of thoughts and love for HER!

And as she told this story, her face was filled with such awe and happiness as well as a peace that it simply made her glow, she smiled and sat up for four hours that afternoon..all smiles...and you can see her pictures only 3 hours after her surgery...( if you would like to see them, e-mail me personally for that ! )

I think our mother actually SAW the prayers that were given up to heaven for her to survive this...at no time did she go into any kind of arrest or failure of any kind during her surgery. The surgeons were not able to actually complete the surgery as planned as mother was simply to frail to have survived it had they tried.They made a decision to let her rest as she is, and how long will mom go on, I don't know, they say they don't know either, but she says that it will be longer then anyone thinks, and it doesn't matter anyway, she is fine and as each day goes by that she is still here, so be it...leave it alone she says! I asked her if she thought I should follow through with my trip to Germany and she said that if her kids were going to sit around and die along with her, then she did something wrong in raising us..so I will go to Germany and I will purchase her a medal at the Cathedral in Cologne, Germany as she has asked me to and send it to her...and whatever...is simply what ever!!!

GOD Bless all my " Diamonds " here on the IAS..and he will too if I can help it!!

Love Bev

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: