>adhesions? I know that my doctor will use excellent microsurgical
>techniques and a barrier such as Interceed. What can I personally do to
>help myself? Can too much exercise (like exercise walking) post surgery
>cause adhesions to form? Can too little exercise post surgery cause
>adhesions?
>
>Thanks in advance for your reply! Janice

Janice,

My gyn did my last two laparotomies , the first one in april 98, they thought I did too much, and when I got home I was VERY active, too active like going to auctions 10 days later, and trying to take care of handicapped sister. When he did my lap in august 98 the first thing he told my husband was that my whole pelvis was covered to the point where they could not get in through the scope. He said looks like she did too much after surgery, but the next laparotomy he did was in sept 98, and the drs kept me down doing NOTHING for 8 weeks, they would not even let me out of bed, except to shower each morning. I started to have pain within the first week, when I came home the next week, I told my husband I could feel the pulling and burning all along the incision, and my pelvic area, and now it is 2 and half years, and I am in alot of pain after pushing myself, and I do not move my bowels, unless I take a laxative, and that is REALLY getting to me.

I wish you all good luck, and alot of prayers for all of you facing surgery here, and in Germany. Try to keep us informed, and maybe someday the help will be right around the corner, if our drs, ever listen. Like I said I am fed up with all of mine!

Toni

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: