Fri Nov 3 06:38:04 2000

At Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Zoe wrote: >
>Dear All,
>I get lots of encouragement from reading about your positive treatment
>from Dr Korell or Redan.
>I had my follow up appointment at the hospital yesterday to decide what
>to do next. They were almost insisting that laproscopic surgery was
>impossible for my case and were rather defensive of my suggestion that I
>may have found someone who could do it.
>Please could you tell me why Dr Korell is willing to do this but not
>them - is he just an optimist and them pessimist? Or is he really just
>better than them at this sort of thing?
>I am seriously concerned about my fertlity, it seems that I am unable to
>ovualate and will soon have tests to see if my tubes are blocked. Dr
>Korell suggests doing tubal reconstructive surgery. Has anyone ever had
>this done or know of anyone who has?>I feel totally confused about the way ahead and don't know what to do
>for the best.
>I look forward to hearing from you soon.
>Best wishes to you all
>Zoe
>
>--
>Zoe (UK)
>Dear Zoe, It is very hard when doctors get very persuasive

in what they feel is the "best solution for you". I do not mean any disrespect to them however you and only you can determine what is right for you! I would maybe try to go for even a third opinion, if I was still unsure. I think I would really research the doctors you are going to. I do not understand why they say they cannot do the procedure laparoscopically? I am in the medical profession, and with that knowledge and knowing what all the IAS members have gone through I would run from any doctor who would only want to open me up. You see they can always start a case Laparoscopically and if unable to continue for whatever reason, then they can always convert the procedure to an open surgery. They cannot however, go from an open surgery to a Laparoscopic procedure. My other thought, is why were they not open to your questions about reconstructive surgery of your tubes. Bev has reviewed Dr. Korell cerdentials. I wish you well, Zoe and remember use us to ask any questions or just to talk over your concerns and thoughts. Our prayers are with you.

--
In Friendship, Pam Markford  PJtweetyRN@aol.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: