News From the 'Freedom Express' From Germany

Tue Nov 7 18:22:10 2000

Hi All We received this from Bev. How exciting, the first news is so encouraging for all. We will continue to keep all of them in our prayers(especially Paul Lewis and Bev).

Hello all;

Mary Pomroy, Anne Hyashi & Helen Dynda have all completed their surgeries today.

Mary Pomroy did reform about 25% of her adhesions, and this time no Intergel nor Interceed could be used in her due to her reactions to things. We are hoping and that her use of the steroids will offer her the chance to not reform this time...as well as the use of the ringers and Dr. Korells skill in this adhesiolysis. Mary again reacted to medications and is a bit ill at this time with nausea and vomiting. She is up walking around though and is quite the trooper as she will do everything and anything she can to get as well as she can be!!

Helen Dynda..GREAT surgery and super good prognosis by Dr. Korell! Helen is resting very well, will be up walking very soon, probably yet this eveing if <paul gets his way!!! Helen has had a perpetual smile on her face from the moment she entered the recovery room and was still smiling in her sleep as I left her bedside to come to the PC!

Anne Hayashi is also doing very well and has an excellent prognosis. She has been awake and talking and smiling since the recovery room. Intergel was used in Annes surgery and Dr. Korell thinks she has a very good chance of recovery from this surgery! Anne is pretty excited to say the least!

All three will have second looks next week!

Laura is at this moment is checking into the SAME room as the other three ladies and will have her surgery tomorow! I will give an update following her surgery as well as on how the ladies are all coming along!

Paul is a real gem! I spent much of today in recovery with each of the ladies and he got Laura to all her diagnostics as well as admitted. He is running ice jugs to bedsides and walking the ladies soon after they return to the room! He will want to rest tonight for sure!

We met Lynne & Jim Brown from Ireland as well as Marc Remijn of Netherland..so very nice all of them! It was a pleasure to meet all these people and lots of pictures were taken..will try to get them scanned to Pam very soon!

I will share more later, but Dr. Korell has returned and might want his PC back..so " Cheers " and will get to you soon!

Love Bev

--
In Friendship, Pam Markford  PJtweetyRN@aol.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: