Hi Everyone Exciting News

Sat Nov 18 18:34:56 2000

Dear IAS Family, I have some exciting news from Scranton! Dr. Redan has informed me that Dr. Reich and himself are in the process of getting a new member on board. He is a general /thoracic surgeon (like Dr. Redan), & Dr. Redan has worked with him over the last five years. Dr. Reich & Dr. Redan feel that by expanding their group this way they will be able to help more patients have access to the adhesion center in Scranton. All contacts will still go through Dr. Reich and Dr. Redan’s office and Dr. Redan will still screen all potential patients history first. Dr. Reich is planning to get with Dr. Wiseman to possibly open up more studies to our IAS family. This is a very important effort on Dr. Reich and Dr. Redan’s part. The more input we are able to obtain from experienced professionals in the field of adhesion disease the better we can prepare ourselves to take an active stand in our treatment options. Way to go Dr. Reich and Dr. Redan! On a final note Dr. Reich & Dr. Redan are interested in talking to Dr. Korell about the option of the second look surgery. There seems to be several different opinions on this issue. Some feel that there is no benefit and that actually it may cause more potential for trauma and increase the chance for inflammation hence adhesion formation. We all need to think these things over very carefully before making the decision on which surgical approach should be used. I hope that everyone is coping well with their present situation and not giving up hope for relief. We are all here to help one another through this disease. Just because some of us are at a point of return to our normal activities it doesn’t mean that we have forgotten what it is like to live with constant debilitating pain. God Bless all of you! Have A good night.

--
In Loving Friendship, Pam

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: