Re: Total hysterectomy1998-Painful bowelmovements

Tue Nov 21 23:37:20 2000

Hi, I have had 3 hysterectomies! yep, 1st one in 1993, 2nd in 1996, and 3rd in 1998. The last one was done by an oncologist surgeon, said i had an ovarian remnant, however, they thought it was worse, thank god it was not cancer. After surgery I was told that my bowel was full of adhesions and that he was not sure how I even went to the bathroom, I told him that i have had problems for years with this issue, either all or nothing! He also stated that he should have called in a bowel surgeon at the time of the surgery but did the best he could to remove the adhesions. Long story short, I am still experiencing problems with this and don't know where to turn, do i return to the GYN first since he has the surgery records and could refer me elsewhere if needed? I have also experienced migraines since the first surgery in 1993, and have basically given up on finding a good dr. to deal with them, just seems like they don't believe me or don't care. I am in quite a bit of pain with both of these problems and not sure what to do next. By the way, my GP does not believe in giving anything for pain, says take tylenol or advil. I have had to go to the ER a few times to rid the HA's and need to find a good Dr. to handle this, any suggestions? I would appreciate any help with this. This is my first time on this board and I am really looking for advice. Tia

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: