Adhesiolysis in Germany...I am "cautiously optimistic" that Dr. Korell is right...

Fri Dec 1 00:52:51 2000

On November 2nd my husband and I took a flight to Germany where I had surgery for adhesions. Dr. Matthias Korell performed my adhesiolysis on November 7th. The following web site will give you an excellent picture of the hospital at Duisburg, Germany , which is known as the Klinikum Duisburg.

* Klinikum mit Herz - im Herzen der Natur! ( Clinical center with heart - in the heart nature! )

http://www.klinikum-duisburg.com/Klinikum_Duisburg.htm

Dr. Korell has specialized in adhesions for the past 20 years...both clinically and in doing research. He offers a second-look laparoscopy following the initial adhesiolysis. A second-look laparoscopy gives Dr. Korell and his patient a chance to know first-hand the outcome of the adhesiolysis procedure.

On November 14th Dr. Korell performed my second-look laparoscopy. He told me that none of my adhesions had reformed! He feels that my surgery was a complete success...and I hope he is right; however, since I have had a previous adhesiolysis in the United States which failed ( because the adhesions returned ), I have decided to be "cautiously optimistic" that Dr. Korell is right.

Surgeons in Europe have been using the Intergel adhesion barrier since 1998. Dr. Korell is selective as to which patients might benefit the most from the use of Intergel. He did NOT use Intergel nor an other adhesion barrier for my surgery.

* My Operation Report ( Summary )...November 7th

Abdominal pain due to severe adhesions, mainly in the middle and lower abdomen. Complete adhesiolysis was performed and the abdominal wall was free. Adnexectomy ( I elected to have my ovaries removed at this time. ) on both sides with bipolar coagulation. Intensive rinsing with Ringer's solution and artifical ascites. Second look laparoscopy recommended.

* My Operation Report ( Summary )...November 14th

During second look laparoscopy after extensive adhesiolysis, no recurrence of the adhesions. Good healing of the peritoneal surfaces. In general good result after endoscopic adhesiolysis with steroid pre-treatment.

[ NOTE: If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to answer them...if I am able to. ]

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: