Answers to Mary Wade's questions....

Fri Dec 1 10:12:21 2000

At Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Mary Wade wrote:

1.) Mary said: "Do you have any interest in assembling the information into a book written from a "users" perspective? The thought that maybe we should take a whack at that keeps coming back to me."

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION:

Yes, many times I have thought about writing a book about " Everything There Is To Know About Adhesions and Chronic Pain." BUT then I have to remind myself that I am not a writer of books!!

If there is someone in Adhesion-Land, who has the talent for writing a book, I may be interested in collaborating with that person on a book about adhesions.

~ ~ ~ ~

2.) Mary said: "Why do I have it in my head that you are an organist? My mother, also a Helen, is ( was?...can't play now because of blindness ) an organist. I love my mental pictures of her playing joyful songs with fingers and feet flying. I picture you that way now. And if I am all confused and you aren't an organist....just scratch the above :)))))"

TO ANSWER YOUR OBSERVATION:

Yes, Mary, I have been an organist...for about 20 years; but I no longer do this on a regular basis.

I have been the accompanist for our church choir for many years; and I also have a few piano students. Music has played a prominent part in my life...in that my piano training began when I was 6 years old.

My husband, Don, taught music in the public schools for 21 years; and I had the pleasure of being the accompanist for his vocal and instrumental solos and groups.

It has been my life-time involvement in music ( I am 69 ) which has helped me cope with the chronic pain, which I have had to live with since 1970.

Based on my experience, I know that music has a therapeutic role to play in helping people, who suffer from the chronic pain of adhesions. Music helps to induce relaxation; and relaxation helps to relieve the tension, which tends to exacerbate chronic pain.

Mary, you deserve an A+ for being so observant!! Best wishes to you that your upcoming surgery will be successful in relieving your adhesion pain!!

~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~

At Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Mary Wade wrote:

Dear Helen,

I was thrilled....well...make that "cautiously thrilled"....when Bev told me of your results in Germany. You have done such wonderful work here for all of us. Your website postings have added so much value to this forum. Do you have any interest in assembling the information into a book written from a "users" perspective? The thought that maybe we should take a whack at that keeps coming back to me.

My surgery with Drs R&R will be two weeks from today. I've resisted taking anything but Elavil for the pain but am ready to take my doc up on his offer of pain meds to keep me a bit more comfortable until the surgery. I need some rest.

I makes me happy to know that you will get to go into the holidays and the new year with the possibility of an adhesionless life. Why do I have it in my head that you are an organist? My mother, also a Helen, is (was?...can't play now because of blindness) an organist. I love my mental pictures of her playing joyful songs with fingers and feet flying. I picture you that way now. And if I am all confused and you aren't an organist....just scratch the above :)))))

Love, Mary in Kansas

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: