Re: Does activity make anyone else's pain way worse?

Tue Dec 5 20:36:56 2000

Hi Gidge:

I read your posting and my pain did get worse with walking and more activity. It was excruciating and I had surgery to remove a "ovarian cyst" which turned out to be a cyst of adhesions from a ruptured appendix 3 yrs ago. The surgery in July was not a success because the doctor just drained the cyst and it filled up again within 2 wks. I had surgery recently which seems to have worked. The pain is subsiding(the cyst was removed and the other adhesions were lysed). Anyway, in answer to your question, yes in my case the more I did the worse I got. I could only get minimal relief with pain pills and lying down with a heating pad for my back. I have had back spasms due to adhesions stuck to the back of the pelvic wall for years now.

I think the best thing you can do when you go to the doctor again is take with you all of the information available on the internet about adhesion pain and about endo, etc to convince the doctor that you are not "imagining things". My gyn acknowledged that I had a reason for pain but told me to live with it. Then in the next breath wouldn't refill my pain medication. Thank God for a good PCP who said that the gyn's answer was not acceptable. She helped me get medication I needed and a referral to a doctor who is experienced with adhesions.

I wish you luck. The best you can do is be very informed and take all of this with you. I plan on sending my previous gyn all of the information about adhesions and what can be done about them so that her future patients can have some hope.

Take care,

kathy

Let us know how you make out.

At Tue, 5 Dec 2000, gidge wrote: >
>Hi I am 9mths post op from TAH/BSO and have been having pain since 3mths
>post op....which originally was blamed on interstitial cystitis but we
>have now established that although I have moderate IC it is not
>responsible for the pain at the right end of my incision that goes
>through to my back and the more activity I have (ie walking, lifting)
>the worse it gets..
>
>..also hurts with intercourse, bowel movements or any internal
>exams....I have endo prior to my hyst and wonder if it's back or it's
>adhesions or a combo of both and can't get my dr to take me seriously,
>am waiting for my records to come from hospital and see the gyn on
>Monday again..
>
>...any advice on how to get her to take me seriously? Does anyone
>else's adhesion/endo pain get worse with activity...my right hip and leg
>and lower back just kill the more I walk????

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: