Re: drs. visit.....

Thu Dec 7 15:51:32 2000

Dear Jacque, Sorry I haven't written you back yet. I haven't been feeling to well and sitting at the computer has just seemed like to much.

The patch is helping with the pain. I haven't had good luck with the nerve blocks and the epideral. The didn't help my pain at all. I do like the patch as far a helping with pain and it just seems nice to have one less pill to swallow.

I am sorry to hear that you are to frail for surgery. I know that this is just fustrating. I wish you luck and will add you to my prayers.

Love, Terri

-----Original Message----- From: Jacque Gardner <jacque3344@mediaone.net> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@mail.medispecialty.com> Date: Monday, November 27, 2000 11:17 AM Subject: Re: drs. visit.....

Hi Terry, I am new to this site, but I have been reading the messages. How is the pain patch working?

I have had 25 major surgeries from removal of my large intestines, a j pouch, hystorectomy, blockages, fistualas and adhesions.

My last surgery was two years ago and my adhesions are now like wet toilet tissue. I almost died, was hospitalized for 1 month, and off work for 4 months.

I am no longer a candidate for surgery as I am too frail. My pain is in my side and feels like it is on fire, I have difficulty standing.

I have just been referred to a pain doctor. I am not sure what to expect.

I have always been athletic all my life and still try to exercise when I feel okay.

But is becoming increasingly difficult.

Any advise you can give me I would appreciate. I believe this doctor does some time of "epideral", however my surgeon suggested the pain patch.

Thank you.

Jacque3344@mediaone.net

> ----- Original Message -----
From: Terri Lynch To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2000 3:15 PM Subject: drs. visit.....

Hi everyone,

Well I actually had a really good Dr. visit with my new pain dr.. I am now off vicodin and on the fentyal patch 25mg. and he also took me off the vioxx, prozac,and lotronex.....He took two hours talking and examining. He actually listens. God is on my side today.....lol

He admits that surgery would be bad and even took the email addresses I gave him. So maybe what he doesn't know yet he is willing to learn.

Well I have had a long day and am really tired right now so I will talk to you all later.....Thanks for the prayers....Love Terri

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: