Re: learn your limits

Thu Dec 7 22:14:14 2000

Hi, I was reading the postings on left-sided pain and just had to jump in and say 'me too'. My adhesion pain has always been exclusively on my left side. Started out lower-left pelvic area... had laproscopic surgery - adhesions were excised from colon. Fine for about a year, then pain came back lower left pelvic area. Then my left hip starting doing this popping like thing and it would hurt afterwards, now left hip just hurts frequently without popping. Then I got pain while urinating on left side of pubic area... and about the same time, pain just under rib cage on left side. Was checked for kidney stones (along with all the other tests in the book) Nothing! Just the infamous IBS diagnosis and advice to see a psychiatrist. And I agree, that sometimes my whole left side from top to bottom seems to be affected, but probably is just from tension on that side. Boy, I hate to hear about so many other women having these same problems, but it sure is good to find people who don't think I'm crazy when I describe my symptoms. Some of the postings on here, my symptoms mirror exactly... if we can figure it out, why is it so hard for the docs? I guess in time.... In the meantime, it sure is great to have found such a wonderful group of people who truly understand what this adhesion stuff is like.... Thanks All! Joyce

At Thu, 7 Dec 2000, mark harrington wrote: >
>Dear Trace,
>
>HI, thanks for the feed back, how did they diagnose adhesions in your hip? I don't know if I should go to my GP for tests or if to wait it out and see if the pain goes.
>It is a pulling pain when I stand up or sit for long periods of time.
>They work they just did inside was all on my left side, always has been, I've never really expericed pain on my right side.
> I thought with the removal of my ovaries the pain would be gone also from my left side, and it did for 3 weeks, but I don't know what to think now.
> I was just reading through old E-mails and you said you were on Deptran, is this the same as ditropan?. I am on Ditropan for my bladder, it blocks the signal to the brain from the nerve that makes your bladder contract, so I don't pee my self all the time, it seems to work to a certain degree, I don't have to go as much.
>Hope your feeling OK.
>Where abouts are in Australia?
>Love
>Helen G (Perth)

>> ----- Original Message -----
> From: niko (awesome)
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
> Sent: Friday, December 08, 2000 8:22 AM
> Subject: Re: learn your limits
>
> Hey Helen ;-))
>
> I do get alot of pain in my hips, and discovered this time last year that adhesions had formed around the muscle next to the hip. It reoccurs after being lysed but that is what I get that pain from ;-))
>
> Hope this helps in anyway
>
> Your aussie friend
> Trace

>> ----- Original Message -----
> From: mark harrington
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS
> Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 4:17 PM
> Subject: learn your limits
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> This is Helen G (Australia),
> I totally agree that the more you do the worse the pain becomes. You have to know your limits, and while you may feel fine doing the gardening, vacum etc, I find I will suffer that night with bad pain. This has always been the case for me, even when I feel well and feel as if I could climb mountains.
> I am 6 weeks post op now and I have pain back where they removed my left ovary, and also pain in my left hip which I have never experienced before, but I refuse to stop doing the things that I enjoy e.g. gardening as I want to feel as if I have some kind of normality in my life.
> Has anyone experienced pain in their hips after surgery? or had adhesions causing pain in their hips?, I normaly only get pain in my lower pelvic area, and lower back but this hip pain has been around now for 2 weeks, and is quite painful when I stand up or stay seated for anything longer than 1/2 hour.
> thanks everyone
>
> love
> Helen G .

--
Joyce

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: