Re: congenital heart failure

Tue Dec 19 19:46:42 2000

On 19 Dec 2000, at 11:33, DRiekeRosehill@aol.com wrote:

> due to the severity of my adhesive disease, adhesions seem to have attached
> to or around my left kidney, bladder causing severe edima, or water
> retention. I am now concerned about all the systems of congental heart
> failure? What exactly is congenital Heart Failure.

I think that you probably mean congestive heart failure. This happens when the body becomes overloaded with fluid because the heart can no longer pump efficiently. It can go along with kidney failure.

The symptoms include the edema, shortness of breath, extreme weakness. This is a very serious medical emergency.

If both kidneys are not working, you need to be in the care of a urologist who can work on getting the kidneys going or going to dialysis where the blood that would ordinarily be cleansed by the kidney is pumped through a machine to remove waste materials.

Are they sure that the kidneys are causing the edema?

If it is your heart that is not working well, you need a whole different set of treatments. Sometimes a drug can be used to improve heart function; sometimes a different drug (a diuretic) can reduce edema by increasing urination.

If the problem is that adhesions have cut off some vital kidney structure, I would assume that a urologist would treat this with surgery. Some folks on the colon cancer list have tumor that presses on the kidneys and have a stent placed to keep them working.

Whatever the problem, this is a serious situation that needs serious medical treatment. Who is helping you?

Kate

--
Kate Murphy
katemm@mindspring.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: