Hematoma formation after laparotomy for adhesions

Mon Jan 1 22:46:08 2001

About 2 months ago I had an exploratory lap for adhesions adhering my bowel to my pelvic region and the top of my vagina. 2 weeks after my surgery I developed extreme pain over my bladder and left side. The surgery was performed on the right side. I also had extreme pain every time my bladder became full and when I urinated. It feels like a knife is sticking in side of me. I had an ultrasound done and it showed a hematoma on top of my bladder. I asked my doctor if this hematoma was left there could it cause more adhesions to form around my bladder. He said no, but I have been told numerous times that any free blood inside the abdomen can cause adhesions. I have been in extreme pain and I dont know what to do. The surgeon that performed the surgery told me that we could either have another lap done or I could wait it out and see if it would go away. It has not gone away since the surgery and it causes tremendous pain. I asked him if he would help me with pain control if I decided to wait it out. He said NO and got really nasty with me for asking that question. Well, I decided not to go back to him and I have scheduled an appt with another general surgeon about this problem. Has anyone heard about hematoma after surgery and does it cause more adhesions? If anyone could give me advice on this matter I would really appreciate it. I have had 5 surgeries already and I don't know what else to do. I just don't know how much longer I can deal with this constant pain. Thank you very much for listening and for your support

--
Stacey

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: