>to get the stool soft enough to get it to move. Bowel movements have
>become extremely painful, and I have afear of colostomy, I have a sister
>who had a permanent one now, she has had it for almost 4 yeras, but she
>has crohns disease! What was the reason you had to have one? I have been
>putting up with this pain for over 3 years now, and it is getting to me
>BAD!
>
>Toni

Hi Toni, I went into surgery for removal of my left ovary, the x-rays showed a mass on my left side and pelvic area, my GYN thought it was a cyst and possible adhesions, I've had 4 surgeries in the past, one was colon resection in 97,for perferated bowel, due to diverticulitis, I had 18 in.of colon removed. This time I was having so much trouble getting my bowels to move ,I was bloated and in a lot of pain.When the surgeon opened me up , he said I had ( leather like ) adhesions that was wrapped around my colon on the right side and on the left, they couldn't even get my ovary it was so tangled in the mess.The surgeon said in his 30 years of practice he had never seen them that bad. He removed 2 ft. of colon, which leaves me with 18 in. of colon.I went through the test to see if I had enough to get reattached and I do, so now I have to make a decision to have it done. I'm doing quite well with the colostomy, I've had no problems, and I'm feeling good. Sounds like you've had a rough time of it, I think if I were you I'd go see a surgeon and see what he has to say, make sure its a good one, one that has done this surgery before ask lots of questions, my heart goes out to you as I know how you must feel.What has your Dr. said about all this? Write me back and let me know how your doing. Sorry this is so long, I hope it's not confusing to you. Judy H

--
Judy H

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: